Detox Challenge Intro /2011 SSU Challenge Week #12





Hey everyone so I was talking to one of my cousins who is on also on a Weight-Loss Journey and she and  I discussed that we wanted to try a Fruits & Vegetables Detox Challenge for 14 days to purify our bodies and to loose a few extra pounds. Well after giving it some thought I agreed to do the challenge and honestly I am so excited to undergo this two week challenge to see how much weight I can loose.What also really pushed me to do this challenge is because two days ago I had a bad day and in return I binged and ate some foods that I new that I shouldn't  have had. Truthfully this is the first time since I started my Weight-Loss Journey that I became weak and gave into temptation. As a result I have gained a few pounds and it is because I consumed alot of calories during my eating binge.

This journey is not easy and we all have ups and downs but the important thing is to not give up and I refuse to give up at this moment. This morning I weighed myself and I am now 216 lbs from 213 lbs (+ 3 lbs). I am shocked but I am %100 willing to be accountable for my actions and move on from it. I must say having to add weight to my Weight-Loss Ticker makes me feel upset and a part of me is disappointed with myself. Today is a new day and I am looking to the future.

I am excited to see how well we will progress during this challenge. Anyone is welcome to join along and I plan to do a Fruits and Vegetables Detox atleast once a month. So if any of you are not ready to join this challenge you can definitely join the next one.

Down below I have provided the benefits of doing this particular challenge.

The Benefits:

  •     Fruits and vegetables can reduce the risk for stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
  •     Fruits and vegetables can reduce your risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
  •     Eating fruits and vegetables which contain lots of potassium will decrease bone loss and the development of kidney stones.
  • Protection against stomach and colon cancers with a fruit and vegetable diet.
  •  Fruits and vegetables are a low calorie way to maintain a healthy weight and body mass index.
  •  Improve performance of your digestive system
  • Improve your health and reduce the risk of certain diseases such as cancer and heart disease
  • Increase your metabolism
  • Healthier skin,nails, & hair



The Plan:

  •     Eat only fresh uncooked foods. These can be fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
  •     Organic is highly recommended, but is often unavailable or too expensive. In that case, buy regular foods and wash or scrub thoroughly, particularly if eating the skin.
  • Drink a minimum of six to eight glasses of water, and fresh juices or herbal teas as desired.

That is it.

If any of you want to join all you need to do is leave a response below and state your starting weight and end weight. The Challenge is from today 06/30 to 07/13. 

Good Luck

Comments